Choose a Bridge
Dental Bridge Benefits
A dental bridge can do many things for you and your smile, including:
– Restore the beauty of your smile
– Restore the functionality of your smile
– Allow you to properly chew and speak again
– Preserve the shape of your face
– Properly distribute your bite
– Keep your natural teeth from drifting out of place
Types of Bridges
– Traditional bridge – A crown for the tooth on either side of the gap with a replacement tooth in between. Traditional bridges are the most common type of bridge.
– Maryland bonded bridge – Replacement teeth and gums supported by a framework made of metal or porcelain. Metal or porcelain wings on one or both side of the bridge are bonded to the existing teeth.
– Cantilever bridge – Used when there are only adjacent teeth on one side of the missing tooth or teeth. This type of bridge is not commonly used anymore.
We welcome you to contact Southridge Dental Group today to learn more and to schedule an appointment with our dentists, Dr. Merchant, Hilton, and Shahnubaryan.